Where do you pile the stuff ‘to sort out at a later date’?
The shed? garage? loft? spare room?
Well, guess what?
Today is that later date!
You will need:
- Rubbish sacks
- Empty boxes
- Plenty of drinks
- A kitchen timer
You are going to sort these things into:
- a) I honestly can’t live without this
b) I really like this, but so will someone else so it’s going to go and do some good for charity
c) This needs to go into the recycle bin/shredder/garbage bag
The smallest pile should be pile (a), and the things in pile (a) could be:
- a treasured item from your childhood or your child’s childhood
Pile (b) should be the largest, and could be:
- bric-a-brac such as ornaments
- household items such as curtains or kitchen utensils
Pile (c) should be sized between the above two, but as small as possible, and should be:
- anything broken that is not a pile (a) thing
- any paperwork over two years old that does not relate to a mortgage, loan or guarantee that is still in date